Can you help make the 2020 St Albans Sustainability Festival a success?
Closing Date: 5pm on Tuesday 3rd December.
We are recruiting for two contracts:
1. Contract for Project Coordination to help deliver the Festival – all about engaging the community in environmental sustainability. Jan 2nd – 15th July 2020.
2. Contract for: Communications to successfully support the communication of the Festival to organisers and participants: Jan 6th – 16th June 2020. See here for details
Please note: these contracts are subject to confirmation of funding. As a small organisation we are dependent on funding/grants/sponsorship coming through to make the festival work. This means that at this stage of advertising we can only guarantee funding for co-ordination contract from January until end March 2020; and for communications contract from early Jan to early March. We will keep candidates updated as the situation will change week to week.
1. Project Coordination
The contract is to successfully coordinate the Sustainability Festival programme – across St Albans, Harpenden and local villages. You will be joining a hard-working and creative team of volunteers – and your role is:
• to liaise with the 100+ local organisations who are running events & activities to produce an accurate and engaging programme.
• To prepare and monitor the project plans and budget.
• To trouble-shoot and make sure everything is running smoothly for the festival
• Afterwards to evaluate the week, gather feedback and finalise financial matters
Contract amount and length: The total contract is worth £8,400. We estimate that the contract will require the equivalent of one person working around 15 hours a week from Jan to mid-July 2020 (28 weeks). Please note contract length is subject to funding.
Successful applicant will have the following skills/experience.
- project management experience
- excellent organisational skills
- skills in Excel, Word
- understanding of budgets
- good communicator – both verbal and written
- awareness of environmental issues
See contract here: final Final version 2020 Co-ordination Contract.docx
How to Apply for Co-ordination Contract: Please write a covering letter of no more than 1 page and enclose your CV/in the case of a company a statement showing experience/skills (no more than 3 pages). Please email to the chair of SustFest20: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive before 5pm on Tuesday 3rd December.
Deadline to Apply
5pm on Tuesday 3rd December.
Interviews will be afternoon/early evening Wednesday 11th December – we are unable to change this date
The Sustainability Festival is 23rd May to 7th June 2020. 100+ groups – community, business, faith and schools, will be running events and activities under this banner. The Festival is run through a collaboration of Sustainable St Albans and St Albans Friends of the Earth. You will be joining the existing, friendly and supportive Working Group made up of volunteers from the groups.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the environmental sustainability of your community, engaging and uniting people with this important issue.
If this job is not for you, please tell your friends & networks. We can’t afford newspaper adverts, so we need word of mouth to work hard for us! Thank you.