Can you help make the 2022 St Albans Sustainability Festival a success?
We are offering a Contract for a Project Coordinator to help deliver our award-winning Festival – all about engaging the community in environmental sustainability. The contract will start immediately and run until mid July 2022, with the Festival itself running Sunday 15th to Tuesday 31st May 2022.
The contract is to successfully coordinate the Sustainability Festival programme – across St Albans, Harpenden and local villages. You will be joining a hard-working and creative team of volunteers – and your role is:
• to liaise with the 100+ local organisations who are running events & activities to produce an accurate and engaging programme.
• To prepare and monitor the project plans and budget.
• To trouble-shoot and make sure everything is running smoothly for the festival
• Afterwards to evaluate the week, gather feedback and finalise financial matters
Contract amount and length: The total contract is worth £4,800. We estimate that the contract will require the equivalent of one person working around 15 hours a week from Feb to mid-July 2022 (16 weeks).
Successful applicant will have the following skills/experience.
- project management experience
- excellent organisational skills
- skills in Excel, Word
- understanding of budgets
- good communicator – both verbal and written
- awareness of environmental issues
- working in a team, particularly working with volunteers and community groups
If you are interested in delivering the contract, please email a CV or statement of company achievements to express your interest by Friday 18th February to email@example.com.
You can find more information about the Sustainability Festival at our dedicated website at sustfest.org. You will be joining the existing, friendly and supportive Working Group made up of volunteers from the groups. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the environmental sustainability of your community, engaging and uniting people with this important issue.