Can you help make the 2020 St Albans Sustainability Festival a success?
Closing Date: 5pm on Tuesday 3rd December.
We are recruiting for two contracts:
- Contract for: Communications to successfully support the communication of the Festival to organisers and participants: Jan 6th – 16th June 2020. See below:
- Contract for Project Coordination to help deliver the Festival – all about engaging the community in environmental sustainability. Jan 2nd – 15th July 2020. See here for details
Please note: these contracts are subject to confirmation of funding. As a small organisation we are dependent on funding/grants/sponsorship coming through to make the festival work. This means that at this stage of advertising we can only guarantee funding for co-ordination contract from January until end March 2020; and for communications contract from early Jan to early March. We will keep candidates updated as the situation will change week to week.
The contract is to successfully communicate the Festival. You will be joining a hard-working and creative team of volunteers – and your role is to:
- help deliver a varied and interesting festival in collaboration with the Working Group
- increase awareness of sustainability through the promotion of the festival
- get the word out about SustFest across social media, press releases, radio, website, email, printed materials, and market stalls, in such as way to ensure the general public hears about it and wants to attend events and get involved.
- link the promotion of SustFest19 to the various initiatives and events organised by the Working Group.
- ensure communications reflect the diversity of the population of St Albans Distric
Contract amount and length: The total contract is worth £5,865. The work has peaks and troughs but we estimate the contract will require the equivalent of one person working around 15 hours per week from 6th Jan to 15th June 2020 (23 weeks). Please note contract length is subject to funding.
Successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Proved record of using social media effectively – twitter/FB/Instagram and others
- Ability to use Word, and learn visual applications/graphics such as Canva
- Experience of WordPress/updating websites.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- awareness of environmental issues
- experience of writing press releases/blogs
- creative approach to communications and marketing
See contract here: Final version 2020Comms Contract 24 11 19 .docx
How to Apply for Communications Contract: Please write a covering letter of no more than 1 page and enclose your CV/ in the case of a company a statement showing experience/skills (no more than 3 pages). Please email to the Comms Lead for SustFest20: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive before 5pm on Tuesday 3rd December.
Deadline to Apply
5pm on Tuesday 3rd December..
Interviews will be daytime Friday 13th December – we are unable to change this date
The Sustainability Festival is 23rd May to 7th June 2020. 100+ groups – community, business, faith and schools, will be running events and activities under this banner. The Festival is run through a collaboration of Sustainable St Albans and St Albans Friends of the Earth. You will be joining the existing, friendly and supportive Working Group made up of volunteers from the groups.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the environmental sustainability of your community, engaging and uniting people with this important issue.
If this job is not for you, please tell your friends & networks. We can’t afford newspaper adverts, so we need word of mouth to work hard for us! Thank you.