See Ideas below.
Other Ways to Join in the Week
- Take part in the KnowHow Festival – Sunday 29th April – a family friendly day sharing skills and knowledge of everything environmentally sustainable. Does your group repair things? make bird boxes? cook veggie food? Can you sew or knit?
- Schools can take part in our Living St Albans photo competition.
- Do you have an inspiring idea to share with others? Why not apply to be a speaker at ‘Our Planet, Our Future’ event?
If you want to support the Week, please send us your logo email us click here and we will put it up on our website and add you to the mailing list.
To register your event or to take part in the Know How Festival download the Registration form FINALsustweek-2018-reg-form and complete by 15 Jan 2018.
- Ideas for schools click here.
- Ideas for individuals click here.
- Ideas for faith groups click here.
- Ideas for scouts/beavers/guides click here.
- Ideas for cafes/restaurants click here
- Create a pond
- Discuss reducing energy in your group’s building/get some energy meters
- Second-hand/re-use sale
- Have a plastic-free Week – challenge yourselves!
- Organise a talk on climate change
- Show an environmental film/DVD with a group of neighbours
- Fashion event using second hand clothes
- Arrange a car-free day
- Get a water-butt installed to reduce water use
- Organise a family-friendly bike ride
- Film event on an environmental topic
- Organise a group walk
- Trip to a nature reserve
- Arrange vegetarian/vegan cooking demos
- Solar energy information day
- Have a meat-free day – or meat-free group party!
- Build sculptures out of waste materials
How do I get started?
1. Discuss with your group: First get your group on board with the idea…. Download the ‘One Planet Living’ themes (10principleslarge) – from health and happiness to food! You can use this to start the discussion off, and get your group to share ideas. There is more information about Sustainable Living on the website click here
2. Email us to let us know you want to be involved: you don’t have to decide on what activity yet – please click here and send us your logo to show your support – we will add your logo to the website and put you on our email list and keep you informed with regular updates.
3. Decide your event/activity with your group: You have until 15 Jan time to think about what kind of event/activity you want to run. See links below for ideas And see the FAQ page.
4. Registration closes 15 Jan 2018. Click image to open form.
We will then create a calendar of events so you can see everything that is happening across St Albans and District. We will be publicising the events on the website and with press releases.
Now organise and run your event between 21-29 April 2018.
It is up to you to organise and run your event. We hope you will have fun with the event and also raise awareness about sustainable living with members in your group. You will be part of this exciting new award-winning week in St Albans calendar. You will be an integral part of building a more sustainable district.