If you are holding a public event you need to get people there! Being in the programme is a great start but here are other things you should do.
Promoting Your Own Event
Step 1: The basics
- You need your event title, location, date and time, and any relevant information (cost, whether child-friendly, any equipment.)
- Tell your own group members or business customers using email, newsletter, word of mouth!
- Tell your friends verbally and by email
- Announce it on your website if you have one
- Keep reminding people!
- Get hold of your own logo
- Download one of our colourful our supporters’ logos by clicking on the images below, then saving the image.
- Put the logos and the event details into a Word doc
- Print it A4 and it’s a poster – put it up in your local area – in your house window! Ask friends to put it up too.
- Print it A5 and it’s a flyer – for email, online or to hand out to people
- Give us your flyers and we can distribute them at the #SustFest promotion stalls in April – see below.
Step 3: Listings
- Herts Advertiser
- The Best of St Albans and Harpenden
- Families Herts
- Visit Herts
- Radio Verulam
- Watford Observer
- The Comet
Step 4: Go online
- Post on social media – and tag #SustFest19 so we can all see it!
- Add your event as a Facebook event and tag Sustainable St Albans (@SustainableStAlbans) as co-host – click here for Facebook help pages on this.
- Add our supporters logo to your artwork creations
- List your event on other online “what’s on” listing sites relevant to your group.
Step 5: Come on the Radio with us!
- We need volunteers to speak on local radio about their events to promote SustFest19. If you’d like to take this opportunity please do contact us using the form below.
Let’s promote together!
- Every bit of publicity you do promotes the whole Sustainability Festival.
- Use and share the supporters’ logo when you promote your event – it helps everyone!
Distribute programmes to your supporters!
- We will print enough programmes for you to give out to your groups. If you would like a load of programmes please contact us.
Help us on the stalls!
- Volunteer for the April market stalls listed below and help hand out copies of the programme to the general public. Sign up at Doodle Poll.
Put up a poster
- We will have a lovely poster that you can download by clicking here. You can either print it yourself or you can pick up a pre-printed one at one of our April market stalls. Put it up in your front window!
#SustFest19 Promotion Events April 2019
All event holders are invited to join in with these events.
Friday 5th April (evening) #SustFest19 programme launch Speed Networking event in St Albans for all event organisers
Saturday 6th April – #SustFest19 Stallat St Albans Market Sunday 7th April –#SustFest19 Stall at St Albans Vegan Market Thursday 11th April – #SustFest19 Volunteers’ Evening
- Saturday 27th April –#SustFest19 Stall at St Albans Market
- Sunday 28th April –#SustFest19 Stall at Harpenden Farmers’ Market
Bring along your own publicity at these events
Volunteers needed to help hand out SustFest programmes Click here for our Doodle Poll
Please avoid using balloons for your #SustFest19 event
You may have seen the campaign and petition to Herts County Council – ‘Don’t Let Go’ being run by our partner organisation Plastic Free St Albans. They are urging people to think hard before using balloons to promote events – because of the environmental damage they cause. Information about alternative things to use can be found on the Plastic Free website here