- Beavers can work towards their ‘Our Beavers World Challenge Awards” which requires them to Do at least three of these things; junk modelling, pond dipping, mini-beast hunting, growing something from seeds, leaf printing or something similar agreed with their leader
- Cubs can work towards their “Our World Challenge Award”; For example you could turn some rubbish into something useful, plant bulbs, build a bug hotel or make bird feeders. Whilst Cubs are doing the activity get them to think about how they are helping the environment, and why this is a good thing to do
- Scouts can work towards their “World Challenge Award”, where the requirement is to “Take an active part in an environmental project”. This project should be something that helps the environment, and could be based around the Scout meeting place or activity centre, in the community, or a private area. You could link with a local environmental organisation (look at the list of our supporters for ideas) to complete this.
- Brownies can work on their “Environment” badge (see the requirement here )
- Guides can work on their “World Issues badge” see the requirements here or their “Community Action” badge (which may include projects such as bulb planting, cleaning the local river, or providing bird or bat boxes.)