Hold an enrichment day around….
- appreciating and protecting nature
- reduce / reduce / recyle
- our seas and sustainable fishing
Run activities on..
- a second-hand uniform/toys/books sale
- get parents to come in and dig over the veg beds
- Take a group of children to help at Incredible Edible St Albans community food growing plots.
- launch a fundraising campaign for solar panels on your roof
- explore a local park or nature area and find nature on your foostep
- have a “waste free lunch” challenge and try to cut food waste for the week
- Ruby Raut who runs Food Waste Ninjas, has offered to do an assembly on food waste for local schools during the week.
- Have a look at The Pod for a wide range of teaching resources (http://jointhepod.org/resources)
Resources for Schools on Food and Drink
Growing Grub provides a step-by-step guide for teachers who want to run a growing project in their school. It covers ground growing and container growing for those schools with limited outdoor space.
Campaign for School Gardening (Royal Horticultural Society) to get your own school growing and help bring the joy of gardening toschool children across the UK. This website also provides curriculum resources, case studies and gardening advice.