Registration closed on 31st Jan but it is not too late to organise something for SustFest. Visit our It’s Not too Late page to find out how to tell us you want to be involved!
IDEAS FOR YOUR SUSTFEST EVENT
SustFest events should be based on one or more of the ten themes of sustainability from the Bioregional rainbow list illustrated below
Here is a general list of ideas plus scroll down for particular ideas for schools, individuals, faith groups, businesses and cafes/restaurants.
- Organise an evening of board games – NO mobiles allowed – encourage conversations!
- Plastic free week in the office
- Discuss reducing energy in your group’s building/get some energy meters
- Second-hand/re-use sale
- Arrange an environmental film showing
- Open up an eco-friendly house or building to inspire others
- Organise a litter pick in your street/area
- Organise an allotment open day
- Create a veggie menu for the week in your cafe or group
- Save all your plastic recycling for a week and tweet a photo!
- arrange a family friendly bike ride
- Organise a talk on climate change
- Make a community bug hotel
- Show an environmental film/DVD with a group of neighbours
- Fashion event using second hand clothes
- Arrange a car-free day
- Get a water-butt installed to reduce water use
- Organise a family-friendly bike ride
- Film event on an environmental topic
- Organise a group walk for health/to see natural habitats
- Trip to a nature reserve
- Arrange vegetarian/vegan cooking demos
- Solar energy information day
- Build sculptures out of waste materials
- Ideas for schools click here.
- Ideas for individuals click here.
- Ideas for faith groups click here.
- Ideas for scouts/beavers/guides click here.
- Ideas for cafes/restaurants click here