Could you be our Independent Examiner?
As a charity (and a CIO) that prepares its annual accounts on an accruals basis, Sustainable St Albans is required to have those accounts checked over and reported on by an Independent Examiner. The Examiner will have to follow and apply the relevant Charity Commission Standards and must be a member of one of the professional bodies listed below, and independent of the Trustees.
A copy of last year’s accounts can be viewed here ; the 2019-2020 accounts will be similar as regards both the financial scale and the design, and will be prepared by the Treasurer. If you are both willing and qualified to help us in this way, please contact our Treasurer email@example.com to find out more. The work needs to be done in the latter half of October or early in November, and we are hoping that you will provide your services voluntarily – for free!
The listed bodies are:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Association of Authorised Public Accountants
- Association of Accounting Technicians
- Association of International Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
- Fellow of the Association of Charity Independent Examiners
- Institute of Financial Accountants
- Certified Public Accountants Association