Our vision is for a network of organisations which actively support individuals, families and members of community organisations to adapt their lifestyles and adopt low-carbon technologies, driving down emissions and reducing biodiversity loss each and every day. #StAlbansCAN
We’re part of the Green Match Fund!
Any donation you make to St Albans CAN between 22-29 April 2021 will be matched by the Big Give. Please help us raise £5,000 to make St Albans CAN engage with more people across the district. Click here to give.
Who are the the members of St Albans Climate Action Network?
The members of the St Albans Climate Action Network so far are:
- Sustainable St Albans
- St Albans Friends of the Earth
- St Albans City and District Council
- UK Student Climate Network Hertfordshire
Other groups are very welcome to join, if they support the vision above and are committed to taking meaningful action to move the district towards being net zero carbon by 2030 and tackling biodiversity loss.
What does the network do?
The network will work together to help deliver the community outreach elements of the St Albans City and District Council’s Climate Crisis Strategy and Action Plan.
St Albans CAN has created a Residents Survey, currently open and gathering the views of local people on climate action. We will feed these into the council’s Climate Advisory Group.
We are planning a 16 week community engagement campaign linked to the 16 steps of Count Us In, to run from July until the COP26 climate talks in November.
Can you help with the community engagement campaign?
We are planning a climate engagement campaign from June to November 2021, and are looking for people who could help us make it happen, by writing a blog, researching resources, or reaching out to their network across the district.
Our campaign will use the 16 steps of Count Us In. The idea is to focus on one step per week each week from July until the COP26 climate talks in Glasgow in November.
We’re going to have a blog each week, a piece on the radio, social media, and resources highlighted on our website.
We need extra people to make it happen! Could you:
- Help us reach groups who might not hear about it otherwise, outside of our ‘green bubble’?
- Write a blog on how you’ve tried one of the 16 steps? … there are loads to choose from … veganism, cycling, home energy, greening your money and more.
- Coordinate and edit blogs from other people? … perhaps perfect for a media student?
- Help research resources for one of the 16 steps? … perhaps perfect for an environmental student or professional?
- Coordinate and edit pieces for local papers and magazines? … are you a budding journalist?
- Help with social media? Or pieces with local radio?
If you think you could help, then email catherine DOT ross AT sustainablestalbans DOT org. You’d be very welcome at the next planning meeting on 15th April 5:30-7pm.
Have your say! Residents Climate Survey.
We have created this survey for residents across the district to give your opinions on the climate emergency. To have your say and a chance of winning £100 with a random selection prize click through to bit.ly/SADCclimatesurvey.
Why not have a Climate Conversation with your family, work colleague or other group? Get started here – we have all the materials you need online.