Book a speaker to learn more and understand how your group could take action.
Youth Groups, Cubs and Scouts
We can provide resources for your groups’ badges and activities
All faiths value looking after the world around us.
Sustainable St Albans’ Climate Champions are available to visit your group (at no cost) to share their knowledge and tips to understanding climate change. Climate Champions are comfortable to speak at events and meetings about the climate, why action is important, and what SSA does, in an accessible, friendly and age-appropriate way.
Find out more about our champs on our blog.
Get in touch to arrange a visit from a Climate Champion.
Many groups, including Scouts, Guides, often work towards badges and activities through their associations that highlight sustainability themes.
We can provide resources for groups working towards badges for young people at every level of Scouting , Guiding , Woodcraft Folk, clubs and societies. Look out for reference to respecting and exploring the outside world, global issues, waste and recycling, animals, gardening and wildlife.
- Activities for these badges could include:
- Junk modelling, pond dipping, mini-beast hunting, growing plants from seeds, leaf printing
- Turning rubbish into something useful, building a bug hotel or making bird feeders
- Volunteering with a local charity (we’re always looking for volunteers on our marketing, events and behaviour change projects) and there’s also opportunities with local organisations for tree planting, river cleaning and litter picking too.
Check out our schools resources for links to age-appropriate ideas and activities.
If you’d like help developing content for St Albans District groups, please get in touch.
Faith Groups, Churches, Mosques, Synagogues and more…
Sustainable St Albans has been working with a number of faith groups for over a decade: if you would like an introduction for local inspiration or networking, please get in touch.
Resources abound for faith and sustainability. Many of the subject areas around the website are relevant to help you and your community understand how you can make a positive impact through your faith.
For faith specific general advice, you might find EcoChurch, EcoMosoque or EcoJudaism useful. We can also provide Climate Champions to start your leaders , congregation or groups on their climate consideration journey.
You might find it useful to consider:
- Worship, prayer and teaching
- How does your faith inform how you talk about the world and our interraction in and with it?
- What teachings, prayers and direction can your faith give you?
- Management of buildings, land and consumables could include consideration of
- Community and global engagement
- Lifestyle, events and impact