Get your school involved with exciting sustainability campaigns, events, and groups, at a local and national level.
Sustainable St Albans
- Eco-Teachers Network Zoom Meetings: We hold termly zoom meetings for eco-leads in schools to meet and share ideas and challenges. If you would like to attend, please contact us via the main schools page and/or sign up to our newsletters.
- Sustainability Festival: join in with the annual SustFest Schools Week that forms part of the St Albans District’s thriving Sustainability Festival each year. Visit our special SustFest Schools Week webpage to find out how.
- Sustainable Schools Newsletter Sign Up
- Sustainable Schools Training Day (sign up to our newsletter to be notified of future events).
- Our training day is for eco-enthusiasts from primary and secondary schools and takes place at the fantastic Farmschool, Annabel’s Farm. In 2019 53 schoolchildren from 14 local primary and secondary schools joined in, finding out how to make their schools more environmentally friendly. Children took part in hands-on workshops led by Affinity Water, Friends of the Earth, Green Gorilla Consultants, Croxley Green Baptist Church and Sustainable St Albans.
Local Sustainability Groups
- Wilder St Albans– This project which aims to create more wildlife friendly spaces in St Albans and District also includes support for schools including regular meetings with teachers in schools who are running Forest schools or similar initiatives.
- PLUS listen to Mix 92.6 local radio’s Environment Matters programmes and podcasts to find out what’s happening locally
National Sustainability Groups
- Teach the Future– a campaign by secondary and tertiary students to improve education on the climate emergency and ecological crisis in the UK
- Eco-Schools Award– a way for schools to embark on a meaningful path towards improving the environment in both the school and the local community
- Count Us In– a campaign to inspire 1 billion people to significantly reduce their carbon footprint in 16 simple but effective steps
- UNICEF UK Children’s Rights– 2021 campaign on children’s rights and climate change
- LetsGo Zero is a national campaign to help schools reach net zero