Get your school involved with exciting sustainability campaigns, events, and groups, at a local and national level.
Sustainable St Albans events
Our teacher networking events and SustFest Schools Week.
St Albans District and Hertfordshire groups to link up your school with.
Education campaigns and national groups to link up your school with.
Sustainable St Albans events
Teacher Networking Zoom Meetings
- We hold termly zoom meetings for school eco-leads, eco governors or PTAs to meet and share eco ideas and challenges.
- If you would like to attend, register for the zoom link. The next one is shown below.
Join us for our termly online event for teachers, eco-reps and governors. Share plans and ideas for your eco clubs/societies for the new academic year, meet like-minded school staff and… Read More »Sustainable Schools Group Networking Zoom
SustFest Schools Week
- Join in with the annual SustFest Schools Week that forms part of the St Albans District’s thriving Sustainability Festival each year, usually in June. Visit our special SustFest Schools Week webpage to find out how to take part.
Sustainable Schools Training Day
- We have held several training day in the past for eco-enthusiasts from primary and secondary schools. They took place at the fantastic Farmschool, Annable’s Farm.
- In 2019 53 schoolchildren from 14 local primary and secondary schools joined in, finding out how to make their schools more environmentally friendly.
- Children took part in hands-on workshops led by Affinity Water, Friends of the Earth, Green Gorilla Consultants, Croxley Green Baptist Church and Sustainable St Albans.
- Sign up to our newsletters to be the first to hear about any future training days.
Sustainable Schools Newsletter
- Sign up to our dedicated schools newsletters for reminders to your inbox for upcoming dates, events and eco news.
Wider Sustainable St Albans work
- Explore our full Sustainable St Albans site for loads of blogs, events and hints and tips all about sustainability in the St Albans District area.
- Consider holding a Climate Conversation session with fellow staff members at your school to understand the issues and discuss them. All materials can be found here on our website!
- Don’t forget that our climate champs can visit your school for class or whole school assemblies. Contact email@example.com
Local Sustainability Groups
- Wilder St Albans– This project, which aims to create more wildlife friendly spaces in St Albans and District, also includes support for schools including regular “Wilder Schools” meetings with teachers in schools who are running Forest schools or similar outdoor learning and green space initiatives.
- HfL Sustainability Leads Network – initiative from Herts for Learning to support schools to have a Sustainability Lead and climate action plan in place by 2025. Running regular free twilight sessions online, as well as setting up an online community forum. Click here for free events or contact Jo Heneker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The OLLIE Foundation’s Community Garden at Sandridge Allotments want to increase it’s use by schools, both in after school clubs or during school time. The Ollie Foundation is a local suicide prevention charity.
- PLUS listen to Mix 92.6 local radio’s Environment Matters programmes and podcasts to find out what’s happening locally
National Sustainability Groups
- Teach the Future– a campaign by secondary and tertiary students to improve education on the climate emergency and ecological crisis in the UK
- Eco-Schools Award– a way for schools to embark on a meaningful path towards improving the environment in both the school and the local community
- Count Us In– a campaign to inspire 1 billion people to significantly reduce their carbon footprint in 16 simple but effective steps
- UNICEF UK Children’s Rights– 2021 campaign on children’s rights and climate change
- Zero Waste PTA UK
- LetsGo Zero is a national campaign to help schools reach net zero