Register your event for #SustWeek 18. From Health and Happiness to Zero Waste: walks and talks; films and food; bike rides and bird boxes, crafts and community…
Open registration form on the left -click to open. Fill it in and return by 15 Jan to take part in the award-winning 2018 Sustainable St Albans Week – across St Albans, Harpenden and the villages.
Registration is closing on Monday 15 Jan 2018.
For other info See FAQ’s here
The NEXT award-winning Sustainable StAlbans Week will take place from 21 – 29 April in 2018 – over TWO weekends!
Choose how to take part!
1. Organise an event all about environmental sustainability during the week; for your members only, OR open to the public.
2. Schools can run an event and/or join in Living St Albans – a photo competition for school-children
3. Groups or individuals can take part in the Know How Festival on Sunday 29th April.
4. Inspiring local people can apply to talk at Our Planet, Our Future Launch Event in Harpenden.
Do you live or work in the St Albans District area and are you in any kind of group and want to do more to support the environment? Work, Scouts, PTA, Mosque, Church, Synagogue, Business, Cafe, U3A, Community, Nature Group, School, Youth Group, Walking Group, Women’s Group, political group, Residents Association? ANY KIND OF GROUP!
How do I get started to run an event?
Start a conversation NOW in your group about how to join in with the Week in 2018.
Can you run a Bike to Work Week to promote sustainable tranport- or have a vegetarian supper to promote sustainable eating?
Maybe you could set up recycling boxes at work, or have a talk about why we need to care about water?
If you are a local food producer, why not promote your food during the week?
What about encouraging the children you work with to grow their own food, or to reduce the food they waste?
See more ideas click here Your event needs to fit with one of the ten themes of environmental sustainability click here – from Health and Happiness to Zero Waste.
To stay up to date please join our mailing list – see Contact Page click here
We listened to you! We did lots of evaluations, including surveys and in-depth conversations and thank-you to everyone who took part.
- You wanted it to take place during warmer months – it will be April!
- You wanted even more collaboration and sharing – we will help you with events over the next year.
- You wanted more notice to organise events – this helps with lots of time to prepare