The NEXT Sustainable StAlbans Week will take place from 21 – 29 April in 2018. We will be running events to bring groups together this year 2017 – so look out for information. To stay up to date please join our mailing list – see Contact Page click here
We listened to you! We did lots of evaluations, including surveys and in-depth conversations and thank-you to everyone who took part.
- You wanted it to take place during warmer months – it will be April!
- You wanted even more collaboration and sharing – we will help you with events over the next year.
- You wanted more notice to organise events – this helps with lots of time to prepare
The 2016 week has now finished – thank-you so much to everyone who took part, whether organising an event or schools activity, or taking part! To see lots more photos click here
Summary and Survey Results
Turn the pages and find 100+ exciting things to do during the week; talks, walks, outdoor activities, play, workshops and more!
Pick up a programme at St Albans District Council Civic Centre, and outside Harpenden Directory Offices in Harpenden High St, and at other locations across the district.
It’s our district, we love it, and we want to make it sustainable, so people can love it for generations to come.
Join in. Learn something. Have fun!
What’s it all about?
Individuals, organisations and groups around the district run their own local events during the week – events which suits their interests and is related to one of the then themes of the environmental sustainability framework.
- A week of exciting activities/events all about environmental sustainability; waste, natural habitat, heritage, water, transport, energy, health, happiness…See ideas for events click here
- An opportunity to demonstrate we care for the environmental sustainabililty of our unique historic district
- Connecting individuals and communities of all ages, faiths and diverse interests
2016 Community Food Waste Challenge – A Week Without Food Waste.
‘A Week Without Food Waste’ is open to individuals and to schools during the week – so that we can all work towards reducing food waste in the district – See the Food Waste web page for more
Sustainable St Albans Week winner of two awards in the Mayors Pride Awards 2016!
We came top for Community Project of the Year AND Environmental Champion!
Congratulations to everyone who took part and created the week for your amazing commitment to environmental sustainability.
The week is run with the support of our Gold Sponsors: JPA Furniture, Kingston Smith, Veolia, and individuals who supported our Crowdfunding. We have also been given grants from district councillors and other grant-funding. See our Sponsors and Funders web page click here. Donations are always welcome – to help support 2016 Sustainable StAlbans Week, click Donate button below.