Forthcoming events from Sustainable St Albans and friends – across St Albans, Harpenden and the villages.
Folly Lane Allotment Tour – looking at food growing, encouraging nature and carbon sequestration
June 10 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Site tour of the Folly Lane allotment site, starting at 2.30pm for 90 minutes. Please book your free place via the link below.
The tour will cover;
- Site introduction/ safety.
- What is needed for good crops & what is healthy soil?
- Site resources organisation for growth and wildlife.
- 5 composting/manure techniques.
- Dig and no dig.
- Encouraging wildlife particularly butterflies.
- Regenerative allotment tending.
- Allotment Impact to combat global warming.
Refreshments will be available part-way through the session.
There are no toilets on site and the area could be muddy so please wear suitable footwear.
There is a small amount of parking on site but we encourage visitors to walk where possible.