1. Download the full summary of the Green Homes Grant with list of local installers here. Note it has now been extended until end of March 2022.
Thanks to AECOM St Albans’ volunteers for producing this.
2. All about a Passivhaus – download here
About the Green Homes Grant
The UK Government is offering a fantastic opportunity for homeowners and landlords looking to go green – the Green Homes Grant has now been extended until March 2022.
- Up to £5,000 covering up to two-thirds of the cost of eligible improvements is available for owner occupiers or landlords.
- Up to £10,000 covering 100% of the cost of the improvements is available to owner occupiers where a household member receives certain benefits.
To be eligible for the grant, you need to have at least one primary measure installed and then you are eligible for support towards secondary measures. See below list of primary measures and secondary measures with a list of approved local installers.
Visit the official website to check whether you’re eligible and which energy measures might be appropriate for you; resources are included that outline the considerations and benefits of each type of energy measure.
Once you have decided the measures you want installed, you need to contact participating installers, get quotes (multiple quotes are recommended), and then select your installer. They will need to complete the installation by 31st March 2021. There may be an issue with availability, so it is suggested you contact them as soon as possible.
* See attached summary for List of Installers ordered by distance from St Albans centre. Download below
All work covered by the voucher must be completed by a TrustMark-registered installer who is also registered for the scheme. Your installer will also need to meet PAS and MCS standards when installing your measures.
After you have appointed your installer, you need to apply for your voucher using their quote.
The work then needs to be scheduled in and completed (before 31st March 2021).
You will only pay the installer the part of the money you are liable for, with the money covered by the voucher paid directly to the installer.
Official guidance and links here: